Since its launch in 2009, Mitacs Globalink has attracted top undergraduate students from around the world to Canada for a summer research internship. As a result of the program’s success pairing them with Canadian faculty members, Mitacs is helping these talented students pursue additional educational and research opportunities in Canada through the Globalink Graduate Fellowship.
The Globalink Graduate Fellowship provides financial support to former Globalink Research Interns to return to Canada for graduate studies at select Mitacs university partners. Mitacs provides two fellowship options:
Globalink participants applying to a Canadian Master’s or doctorate program at participating full partner universities are eligible to apply for the Globalink Graduate Fellowship. Globalink participants are eligible for the fellowship at any participating university.
- $10,000 for one year of a research-based Master’s program and $10,000 per year for up to 2 years of a research-based PhD program or;
- $10,000 per year for up to 3 years of a research-based PhD program
Globalink Research Intern alumni are eligible to apply for the fellowship if they wish to attend any one of the Mitacs university partners, including, but not limited to their Globalink host university.
Mitacs will confirm the fellowship award and forward funds directly to the student upon proof of acceptance and enrollment at an eligible university. Half of the award is forwarded to the student in September and the $5,000 balance is forwarded in January.
*Please note that this information applies to Globalink Research Interns from 2013 cohort and beyond. If you were a Globalink Research Intern prior to 2013, please contact glfellowship(at)mitacs.ca to discuss your fellowship eligibility.
Benefits to students
The Globalink Graduate Fellowship offers former Globalink Research Interns returning to Canada these benefits
- Recognition as Globalink alumni
- Direct financial support from Mitacs
- The opportunity to work with Canada’s research supervisors during your graduate studies
- Additional exposure to the Canadian research & innovation landscape and increased Canadian experience
To apply for a Globalink Graduate Fellowship, students must:
- Review the list of Mitacs university partners whose students are eligible for the Globalink Graduate Fellowship.
- Apply to the participating university/universities of their choice for graduate studies and indicate their eligibility for, and interest in, a Globalink Graduate Fellowship.
- Complete the Globalink Graduate Fellowship application on the Mitacs website as soon as all university applications are submitted.
Fellowships are awarded to a limited number of students at the discretion of Mitacs, which will notify fellowship recipients directly about the status of their award.
For more information, please see the Frequently Asked Questions or contact Mitacs Globalink at glfellowship(at)mitacs.ca.
For more information, please visit: Here