Want to learn how to code and get paid for it? Want to work on exciting network biology related tools? Want to be part of the open source community? Then Google Summer of Code is for you!
GSoC program details: https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/
Check out our network Biology project ideas: http://www.nrnb.org/gsoc.html
- 14 March: Student application period opens
- 25 March: Student application deadline
- 22 April: Accepted student proposals announced
Who can apply?
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- You must be a full or part-time student at an accredited university as of April 22, 2016
- You must be eligible to work in the non-embargoed country you will reside in during the program
- You have not already participated as a Student in GSoC more than twice
“I already published one paper and another one is in preparation. All of them are based on my GSoC projects with NRNB.”
“It opened new career opportunities for me, and allowed me to get new work experiences. I was able to cite the experience in subsequent job interviews and it was very helpful to my career.”
“My experience gave me the coding and teamwork skills to succeed in a fast paced graduate program. It provided me with a solid base that I have since come to recognize as extremely valuable. It also helped to build critical connections within a larger community.”
“It’s not only a good opportunity to work with professional developers to improve the programming skills, but also a chance to learn biological knowledge and better understand the biological systems through meeting with those experienced tutors.”