U.S. Mission Vietnam – U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City FOREIGN NATIONAL STUDENT INTERN PROGRAM COMMERCIAL SERVICE INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: HCM 16/15
OPEN TO: All non-U.S. citizen university students resident in Vietnam
POSITION: Foreign Commercial Service (FCS) Student Intern (3 positions)
OPENING DATE: April 25, 2016
CLOSING DATE: May 31, 2016
WORK HOURS: Part-time (minimum 20+hours/week)
LENGTH OF INTERSHIP PROGRAM: Six (6) months to twelve (12) months
The U.S. Mission Vietnam – U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City is seeking three (03) part-time, unpaid university student interns for the Commercial Service Office.
NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are being considered. Thank you for your understanding.
BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
The FCS Internship program benefits both the U.S. Consulate General and student interns by providing a valuable educational experience to students while assisting the Consulate General accomplish important mission goals.
FCS Intern will be responsible for: 1) Working with Commercial Officers and Specialists to coordinate preparations for US Trade events in Vietnam. 2) Providing outreach support for US companies operating in Vietnam. 3) Assisting in researching, editing and writing market research reports, contact lists and promotional materials. 4) Assisting with client communications and other tasks as required. Interns will receive mandatory job training. All duties will be performed in English. For more information about the U.S. Commercial Service go to http://export.gov/vietnam/ or http://buyusa.gov/vietnam/.
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- Must be currently enrolled as a college/university student in
- Must have excellent communication skills and ability to work as part of a dynamic
- Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of appointment and a non-U.S.
- Good command of both spoken and written English is required (this will be tested).
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
- Non-host country foreign nationals who are legal resident students of Vietnam are required to submit the same documentation as the other applicants, and also legal residency permit for
- If selected, the student will receive medical and security background
PLEASE NOTE: INTERNS ARE NOT CONSIDERED U.S. CONSULATE GENERAL EMPLOYEES
- The intern will not be considered as a Federal
- There will be NO employment benefits associated with this position: annual leave accrual, sick leave,
- There will be NO compensation or
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates for this position must submit the followings or the application will not be considered:
- Application for Foreign National Student Intern Program (find the attached form).
- Statement of Interest form (attached) should include the student’s objectives and motivations in seeking an internship
and how their academic courses and other experiences relate to the Mission’s goals/ Commercial Service office needs.
- Gratuitous Service Agreement (Attached).
- A copy of ID card and student
- Copy of most recent academic
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned, ) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
WHERE TO APPLY:
E-mail Address: HoChiMinhCityHR@state.gov