Deadline: January 29, 2016
With Talent for Governance, The Hague Academy aims to enable young civil servants from developing countries and Eastern European (non-EU) countries to participate in a specially designed Talent for Governance programme.
The Programme generally consists out of four components that are all connected by an overall theme: an international practice oriented training course at The Hague Academy, a week-long internship at a Dutch municipality, networking activities and the back home action plan.
Target is young civil servants working for local government in a developing country.
Application is possible if you:
- work for a local government (not an NGO or private enterprise);
- work in one of the countries listed on the DAC country list;
- be 37 years of age or younger when you apply;
- have at least two years of work experience in local governance and prove your commitment to
- work there for at least two years more;
- speak and understand the English language well (all programmes are in English);
- be able to write down and orally defend your motivation for and relevance of the specific programme;
- be able to identify an issue/project as a real life case within the theme of the programme for which you will write a Back Home Action Plan during the Talent programme;
- have written support of your employer to participate in the programme and to implement the Back Home Action Plan when you return home.
The Talent for Governance programme covers the cost of tuition fee, travel costs, accommodation and living expenses in The Netherlands. The talents are asked to contribute 100-200 Euros to the programme costs depending on the country where they are from.
Please do not submit a separate application form for the specific training course of your choice through the website of the Hague Academy for Local Governance. Only applications made through the online application form will be considered. The deadline for applications for the programmes offered in 2016 is 29 January 2016.
It is important to read the Rules and Regulations Talent for Governance 2016 and visit the official website (link found below) to access the online application form and for detailed information on how to apply