OPEN TO: All non-U.S. citizen university student residents in Vietnam
POSITION: Public Affairs Section student Intern (18 positions)
OPENING DATE: January 25, 2016
CLOSING DATE: February 19, 2016
WORK HOURS: Part-time, 8-10 hours/week
LENGTH OF INTERSHIP PROGRAM: Six (6) to twelve (12) months
The Embassy of the United States of America in Hanoi is seeking 18 part-time, unpaid university students as interns at the Public Affairs Section (PAS).
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
The PAS Student Internship benefits both the U.S. Embassy and students by providing a valuable educational experience to students while assisting the U.S. Embassy accomplish important mission goals.
PAS Student Interns will be responsible for daily tasks of running the American Center (AC), EducationUSA center and Fulbright program including greeting clients and ensuring that they adhere to the Center’s rules; re-shelving books, magazines and DVDs; hosting group discussions, monitoring and reporting speaker programs, and supporting other programmatic or administrative tasks as requested; assisting in maintaining the AC and Education USA collections and the client database. Interns will also support programs, events, educational outreach, Facebook and other social media activities; promote AC, EducationUSA and Fulbright products and activities and other administrative tasks as required. Interns will receive on the job training. All duties will be performed in English. For more information about the PAS program go to vietnam.usembassy.gov.
Please contact the Human Resources Office at 3850-5000, ext. 5126/ext. 5127 for further inquiries.
NOTE: All applicants are instructed to address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- Must be a currently enrolled university student in Vietnam.
- Must have excellent communication skills and ability to work as part of a dynamic team.
- Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of appointment and a non-U.S. citizen.
- Must have demonstrated the potential to accomplish the type of work to be performed.
- Good command of both spoken and written English is required (this will be tested).
- Familiarity with the American Center and/or EducationUSA/Fulbright programs is required.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
- Non-host country foreign nationals who are legal resident students of Vietnam are required to submit the same documentation as the other applicants, and also legal residency permit for consideration.
- All PAS Student Intern Program applicants must have graduated from high school or equivalent secondary school prior to beginning program.
- Applicants not in their last year of university are preferred.
- If selected, the student will receive a security background check.
Applications should be submitted through email to the address: [email protected]
Subject line must be: (HNVA 16/03) or your application may not be considered.
POINT OF CONTACT:
Human Resources Office
Telephone: 84-4-3850-5000 ext. 5126/ext. 5127
Find more information to apply and the application package in the attached files.