As part of the 40th session of the World Heritage Committee and in the framework of the UNESCO World Heritage Education Programme, the Turkish National Commission for UNESCO and the Istanbul Site Management Directorate are organizing the World Heritage Youth Forum 2016: “At the Crossroads of Multi-Layered Heritage”.
Young representatives, aged from 22 to 28, from 35 countries, will have the opportunity to exchange ideas, contribute to the discussions and immerse themselves in topics within the scope of multi-layered heritage. The Forum seeks to deepen youth knowledge and understanding the importance of:
- the implementation of the World Heritage Convention,
- the working methods of the World Heritage Committee,
- the challenges and opportunities of the protection of multi-layered World Heritage sites.
- Aged from 22 to 28
- Fluent in English (Please note: No interpretation will be provided. The programme will take place in English only)
- Citizens of one of the 21 Member States of the current World Heritage Committee
- Involved in heritage-related fields such as; World Heritage Studies (Landscape), Architecture, Urban Planning, Constructional Engineering, Archaeology, Sociology, Intangible Cultural Heritage, Anthropology, Ethnology, Ethnography, Economy, History, Art History, Communication, Law, Tourism, Natural and Cultural Heritage, Geography, International Relations
- Motivated, active and driven individuals interested to implement the outcomes of the Forum in their respective countries.
The Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality will cover all costs related to international travel, accommodation, transportation.
Young participants who fit the above profile and who are motivated to participate actively in the Youth Forum are invited to fill out the application form in English. The Application Form can be found here
The young representatives will prepare the final document of the Forum to be presented during the Opening Ceremony of the 40th World Heritage Committee Session. They will also participate in the first plenary day of the World Heritage Committee to observe how the Committee works.
Angola, Azerbaijan, Burkina Faso, Croatia, Cuba, Finland, Indonesia, Jamaica, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Korea, Tunisia, Turkey, United Republic of Tanzania, Viet Nam, Zimbabwe) and Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Norway, Pakistan, Palestine, The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Qatar
Date: 29 June- 12 July, 2016Type: Fully Funded As part of the 40th session of the World Heritage Committee and in the framework of the UNESCO World Heritage Education Programme, the Turkish National Commission for UNESCO and the Istanbul Site Management Directorate are organizing the World Heritage Youth Forum 2016:…
[email protected] Opportunities