The ASEAN Scholarships for Vietnam is tenable for 4 years leading to the award of the Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education ‘Advanced’ (GCE A-Level) (or equivalent) certificate.
The Scholarship is for studies in selected Singapore schools from Secondary Three to Pre-University Two and is renewed annually, subject to the satisfactory performance of the scholar.
Students from Vietnam are nominated by the Vietnam Ministry of Education & Training for the scholarships. Candidates who are not short-listed for the scholarships may be considered for the Merit Awards.
Students who meet the following criteria are invited to apply for the scholarship:
- Nationals of Vietnam
- Born between 2000 to 2002
- Completed certificate of Lower Secondary Education
- Have done consistently well in their school examinations
- Proficiency in English and a good record of participation in co-curricular activities
Any dates given below are tentative and are subject to changes.
|Selection Test||End May 2016|
|Selection Interview||July / August 2016|
|Award of Scholarship||September 2016|
|Arrival of Scholar in Singapore||End October 2016|
Candidates short-listed for the selection test / interview will be notified at least 1 week before the selection test / interview dates. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
For enquiries on scholarship applications, please contact the Vietnam Ministry of Education and Training and the Singapore Embassy in Hanoi.
TEST AND INTERVIEW CITY
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Annual allowance of S$2,200 (Secondary) / S$2,400 (Pre-University) with hostel accommodation
- Settling-in allowance of S$400 (once only)
- Return economy class air passage
- Coverage of school fees (excluding miscellaneous fees)
- Coverage of GCE O-Level and A-Level examination fees (once only, if applicable)
- Subsidised medical benefits and accident insurance cover