Duration: April 2016 to August 2016
Funder: U.S. Department of State
Contact: [email protected]
YSEALI Generation: Youth Unite against Drugs is a five-day regional workshop for 30 leading youth leaders from Southeast Asian countries between the ages of 18-35. The conference will be held in Yangon, Myanmar, from August 3-7, 2016. Through interactive lectures, hands-on workshops, networking and exposure activities, the selected YSEALI delegates will explore three key issues related to drug demand reduction (DDR): studying the effects of drug use on individuals, their communities, and countries; understanding the context in which drug production occurs; and learning about holistic efforts to reduce drug use, including public awareness and advocacy campaigns.
In addition, YSEALI Generation: Youth Unite Against Drugs offers opportunities for young leaders to develop ideas on how to reduce demand for drugs and collaborate with peers from neighboring countries to jointly carry out projects.
We invite you to submit an application to be considered for this regional workshop if you meet the following criteria:
- Citizen and resident of one of the 10 ASEAN members states (Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Philippines, Brunei, Malaysia, Myanmar, Singapore, Indonesia, or Vietnam)
- Between the ages of 18 and 35
- Member of YSEALI (If you are not yet a member, please register now at www.yseali.state.gov – there is no cost to become a member)
- Be fluent in English.
- Have a well thought-out idea of a project or activity you can be involved in back in your home country to address the drug use problem.
- Available to participate in the full length of the workshop in Yangon (August 3-7, 2016)
If you are selected to participate in this workshop, you will receive:
- 5-day participation in the workshop alongside 29 young ASEAN leaders
- Roundtrip economy-class airfare from your home country to Yangon, Myanmar
- 4 nights of accommodation in Yangon, Myanmar, and all meals
- Ground transportation to/from airport
- Compensation for visa costs (if applicable)
Applications are due June 3, 2016. Applicants will be notified of their involvement by July 1, 2016. To apply visit: http://bit.do/YSEALI2016